Google Homepage Clone

I built my first ever project following with the Odin Project syllabus:

I used HTML and CSS to re-create the Google homepage. The project focuses on arranging the page visually and not actually building in any functionality (so the links don’t go anywhere and the search box doesn’t work).

It was much, much more difficult than I expected.

I also used the command line and Git and GitHub the whole time, so you can see all of my commits. I tried to copy the rules for making commits and writing commit messages.

I kept using a lot of trial and error and I still feel like I don’t quite understand all the display and position attributes fully and their behavior sometimes confused me.

It was extremely fun but extremely challenging.

It is live here.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s