Google Homepage Clone

I built my first ever project following with the Odin Project syllabus:

I used HTML and CSS to re-create the Google homepage. The project focuses on arranging the page visually and not actually building in any functionality (so the links don’t go anywhere and the search box doesn’t work).

It was much, much more difficult than I expected.

I also used the command line and Git and GitHub the whole time, so you can see all of my commits. I tried to copy the rules for making commits and writing commit messages.

I kept using a lot of trial and error and I still feel like I don’t quite understand all the display and position attributes fully and their behavior sometimes confused me.

It was extremely fun but extremely challenging.

It is live here.

Advertisements